- Out of pocket expenses incurred by members of Port Perry Minor Softball Executive that are incurred for the purpose of general operations will be reimbursed as approved by the Executive.
- Reimbursement of actual costs or a subsidy towards the cost of attending events, clinics, or workshops may be issued with pre-approval of the Executive.
- An annual budget allocation for Volunteer development must be approved by the Executive at the beginning of each fiscal year.
It is the policy of Port Perry Minor Softball that:
- Request for reimbursement of expenses incurred for operational needs must be accompanied by a receipt.
- Where volunteers attend a clinic, workshop or event upon the recommendation of the Association, the Executive will decide prior to the event if there will be full reimbursement or some subsidy.
- Volunteers will be reimbursed for the use of their vehicle to attend events as representatives of Port Perry Minor Softball and when it is determined that their attendance will benefit the Association.
- Volunteers will be required to submit receipts for any out of pocket expenses incurred. Approval must be given by the Chair for the expense. The receipt will be presented to the Treasurer and once submitted will become part of the Association’s financial records.
- Volunteers must provide confirmation of their attendance at a clinic, workshop or event. The cost of the event must be communicated to the Executive prior to attendance and the Executive will determine full reimbursement or subsidy in accordance with available budget. Volunteers must provide some form of verification of their cost to attend the event.
- Pre-approval is required for any claim for reimbursement of the cost of meals while attending an event. A per diem of $10 per meal including gratuities can be pre-approved by the Executive.
- Mileage will be paid at the rate of $.24 per km. Volunteers must provide a written statement declaring that they used their personal vehicle for the trip and they must declare other occupants in the vehicle if they car pooled. Mileage will only be issued for trips outside of Durham Region.
- Coaches will not be reimbursed mileage for travelling to games or practices.
All receipts once submitted will be retained by the Treasurer and will be considered part of the financial records for Port Perry Minor Softball. All receipts will accompany the financial records submitted for annual review.