The philosophy of Port Perry Minor Softball is to offer a fun environment where players receive positive examples of sportsmanship and competition. We expect that as selected coaches you reinforce this philosophy with your players on and off the field.
Port Perry Minor Softball has adopted the following Coaches Code of Conduct from Softball Ontario’s Respect My Game initiative. We request that all coaches abide by the following;
- Respect the rules and operate within the rules and the spirit of the game
- Acknowledge and appreciate efforts made by all participants
- Be respectful of participants, coaches, officials and spectators
- Display control by choosing appropriate language
- Respect the equipment provided and the facility where you play and encourage others to do the same
- Be a positive role model for softball and the participants
Port Perry Minor Softball requires that all coaches and assistant coaches over the age of 16 selected and approved by Port Perry Minor Softball Executive for all house league teams must provide a clear Police Reference Checks (PRC). There will be no exceptions. All PRCs must include a vulnerable sector check to be valid.
Letters to confirm your volunteerism with Port Perry Minor Softball will be provided upon request.
Port Perry Minor Softball has a Tobacco Free Policy
All games, practices, tournaments, clinics, and other events approved by our organization will be tobacco-free. Tobacco free means there will be no smoking, snuffing, dipping, or chewing tobacco by players, coaches, parents, spectators, and officials on the field or in the spectator area of the ball field during any event sponsored or endorsed by Port Perry Minor Softball Association.
Please reinforce our tobacco free policy and encourage your players, parents and spectators to enjoy minor softball events without using tobacco.